Wednesday, December 15, 2010

12 Days of Christmas

A friend challenged Smithy and I to come up with an Himalayan version of the 12 Days of Christmas just a few days after our return from India. Not the types to back down from a creative task like that, we quickly came up with twelve alternatives to the traditional verses.

After a bit of polishing the next day, this is what we came up with:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me
a wild chicken from Nepal

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me
two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me
three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 seven painted elephants, six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal


On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 eight garlic naans, seven painted elephants, six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal


On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 nine charging rhinos, eight garlic naans, seven painted elephants, six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal


On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
 ten temple bells, nine charging rhinos, eight garlic naans, seven painted elephants, six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal


On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me
eleven Tibetan lamas, ten temple bells, nine charging rhinos, eight garlic naans, seven painted elephants, six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal


On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me
twelve lemon sodas, eleven Tibetan lamas, ten temple bells, nine charging rhinos, eight garlic naans, seven painted elephants, six blue kingfishers, five vegie momos, four white khatas, three banana lassis, two marigold garlands and a wild chicken from Nepal

No comments: