Monday, May 02, 2011

Bootcamp 2011: Month Four

Smithy and I had our final weigh ins at Jenny Craig today. Smithy has done really well over the past three months and reached her goal weight. Me - not so good. My weight yo-yoed a bit, but I did lose just over 5kg. Three kilograms short of my goal weight and less than half a kilo a week. But a good weight loss all the same. We're both going to continue with a reduced calorie diet to see how much more we can lose - I definitely want to lose at least 3 more kilograms.

The best thing about the weight-loss so far? I can now fit back into all my jeans! Haven't worn them for a couple of years, so it's nice to have them available again.

We're five months out from our Himalayan trek, so still have plenty of time to ratchet up the exercise and training. Now that the weather is getting cooler, we're starting to look at doing some regular all-day bushwalks and I'll be starting some strength training work in the next month. My back really needs to be stronger and I want to build up the muscles around my knees. It sure won't hurt to get some definition in the ol' biceps either. For now, I'll just keep up with the walking home from work each day. That's maintaining my fitness levels nicely and giving me a good platform to build on.

No comments: